Overcoming barriers to learning and supporting pupils with widely differing needs and capabilities requires careful consideration and constant review. With so many other teaching priorities to juggle, it’s not always easy to keep such continuously evolving factors in sharp focus. Capita Entrust offers a dedicated Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Inclusion service specifically developed to provide you with the right support, expert guidance and reassurance. All of our services are designed to improve outcomes for those pupils who need to catch up or who have complex profiles and full statements of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plans.
As well as ensuring compliance with SEN and curriculum regulations, we will help you to develop a supportive vision and culture and to adopt an agile and responsive approach founded on the principles of continuous improvement and best practice. We also provide special programmes to maximise pupil wellbeing and support for dyslexia, and we work in partnership with the University of Birmingham to deliver the national SENCo Award qualification. As well as an extensive range of school improvement, assessment and training services, many schools also take advantage of our bespoke consultancy support.
Our SEN and Inclusion service will help you to:
- Embed the culture, processes and methodologies to meet target SEN and Inclusion objectives.
- Maintain statutory compliance and work within the SEND Code of Practice.
- Train and advise staff to improve pupil attainment and confidence.
- Capitalise on support from specialist agencies and voluntary organisations.
- Deliver consultation clinics for staff.
- Ensure effective assessment of pupil needs and behaviours.
- Track and monitor progress.
- Provide behaviour management training for staff and parents.
- Training to support English as an Additional Language (EAL) students.
- Attain the Dyslexia Friendly School Award.
- Support your pupils with the widely respected ‘Ways to Wellbeing’ programme.
- Provide solution focused interventions for pupils experiencing difficulties in school.
- Implement high quality PSHE education and citizenship in your school.
- Enhance pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. including their understanding of fundamental British values.
- Harness the expertise and insight of our SEN and Inclusion experts.
- Stay up to date and understand the implications of legislative changes, key policy initiatives, emerging research evidence.