For maintained schools, it is a statutory requirement to register early career teachers (ECTs) with an appropriate body service.
Entrust has extensive expertise in providing high quality support for ECTs and their mentors. We currently support maintained schools, academies, independent schools and other educational settings in the Midlands and further afield. Entrust is registered with the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) as an appropriate body for ECT induction.
Entrust offers a comprehensive service including:
- Registration and inclusion on the TRA database
- Receipt, processing, monitoring and quality assurance of assessment forms
- Determination of the length of the induction period
- Final decision on whether the ECT has made satisfactory progress against the Teachers’ Standards, based on the Head teacher’s/ Principal’s recommendations.
- Notification of completion of ECT induction to the TRA
- Guidance for induction mentor including supporting website documentation and handbook
- Information for ECTs – including supporting website documentation and handbook
- Dedicated helpline, named contact and email contact for induction mentors and ECTs
- Knowledgeable, experienced consultants who will give advice where ECTs are at risk of failure.
To enhance your management of the ECT induction process, we include in our provision a nationally recognised online system enabling you to access and complete the assessment requirements with ease.
The benefits of this system are:
- Quick and easy access to view information about your ECT’s induction year, for example, when their next assessment is due when they are due to finish, as well as view previous assessments you have completed
- Part-time ECTs assessment due dates are automatically calculated and assessments added to the system at the correct dates
- Automated reminders when assessments are due for completing online
- Secure online submission of assessments
- ECTs and mentors details can be quickly and easily updated
- Automatic TRA Employer Access check during registration to ensure that ECTs have QTS
- Easy access to materials to support the induction process
- Everything stored permanently online for you –no need for printing or posting of assessments and registration forms
- Online, so it’s accessible from anywhere
- Save and come back to later – even if you are somewhere else
- Secure, encrypted, password protected system, backed up regularly; so that your data is safe
- Technical help readily available, both through an online helpdesk and telephone support.