Keeping your essential information safe and secure.
The Information Governance Service offers schools and academies advice, guidance and training on Information Security, as well as compliance with the Data Protection legislation (the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation) and the Freedom of Information Act.
Data Protection & GDPR
An onsite GDPR GAP analysis with recommendations (virtual appointment for Out of County). Only one opportunity to complete the form and receive a response. No follow up questions without the Data Protection Officer (DPO) package. If your data protection practice is acceptable for us to act as DPO you will able to sign up to the DPO service. This forms the basis of a risk assessment for Entrust to act as DPO. If you have already completed a GAP Analysis with us, you do not need to purchase this service again in order to sign up to the DPO service.
Data Protection Officer Service
Act as a named contact for the Information Commissioners Office. The named DPO will be Natalie Morrissey and the email@example.com email address will be used to manage the service.
- Advise on data breaches and whether to report to the ICO and liaise with the ICO on behalf of the school
- Advise on Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Advise on the creation of GDPR/DPA documentation as a result of GAP analysis
- Assurance to headteacher and Senior Leadership Team regarding compliance with DP legislation
- Be the first point of contact if a GDPR/DPA complaint comes in and advise the school accordingly
Nothing within this service is to be provided as part of the non DPO schools service, this is an additional service.
Information Security, Data Protection & Freedom of Information
This package includes the following Information Security, Data Protection and Freedom of Information services:
- Information Security Health Check comprising of a half day on–site visit at the school is available upon request
- Production of an Information Security report and action plan for the School to action as appropriate
- Training shall be made available to key decision makers (2019-2020 training to include: Data Protection, Information Security and Cyber Awareness, Information Sharing and FOI. There will be at least 3 sessions per term where schools can send 2 participants to each session. All training will be delivered in Staffordshire Place 1
- Advice in security, DPA and FOI through access to a telephone help-line or email
- Periodic E-Bulletins sent to the School relating to training, new guidance and any issues affecting schools (such as a national FOI request going to all schools)
This package includes the same services as the three-year contract on an annual basis without discount.